Irish Farm Services (IFS) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1988 (as amended) (the Act), the data controller is John Murphy of 42 Copper Valley Heights, Ballinglanna, Glanmire, Co. Cork.
Information IFS may collect from you
IFS may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give IFS information about you by filling in forms on this site www.irishfarmservices.ie (this site) or by corresponding with IFS by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use this site, subscribe to the service, list a job seeker or service provider listing, list a job vacancy or request for service, search for a listing, place an order on this site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on this site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with this site. The information you give IFS may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information IFS collects about you. With regard to each of your visits to this site IFS may automatically collect the following information:
- Information IFS receives from other sources. IFS may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites IFS operates or the other services IFS provides. In this case IFS will have informed you when IFS collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. IFS is also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
IFS uses information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to IFS. IFS will use this information:
- to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and IFS and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from IFS.
- To allow our users connect with each other in a mutually beneficial manner. If you upload information as a job seeker/service provider, we will make this information available to be searched for and viewed by users of this site. If you upload a job vacancy or request for service, the information in the tender request will be available to be searched for and viewed by users of this site. If you upload information as part of a potential, Land Lease, Contract Rearing, Share Milking and/or Land Mobility proposition, this information will be available to be searched for and viewed by users of this site;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services IFS offers that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services IFS feels may interest you. If you are an existing customer, IFS will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where IFS permits selected third parties to use your data, IFS (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want IFS to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which IFS collects your data (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to the service;
- to ensure that content from this site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information IFS collects about you. IFS will use this information:
- to administer this site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve this site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of services provided, when you choose to do so;
- as part of efforts to keep this site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising IFS serves to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of this site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information IFS receives from other sources. IFS may combine this information with information you give to IFS and information IFS collects about you. IFS may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information IFS receives).
Disclosure of your information
IFS may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract IFS enters into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. IFS does not disclose information about identifiable individuals to advertisers, but may provide them with aggregate information about users of this site (for example, IFS may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). IFS may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Cork). IFS may make use of the personal data collected from you to enable IFS to comply with advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist IFS in the improvement and optimisation of this site.
IFS may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that IFS sells or buys any business or assets, in which case IFS may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If substantially all of this business, assets and undertaking of the trade carried on by IFS are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where IFS stores your personal data
You have the right to ask IFS not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. IFS will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if IFS intends to use your data for such purposes or if IFS intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms IFS uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting IFS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of partner networks, advertisers and affiliates of IFS. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that IFS does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet costs incurred in providing you with details of the information IFS holds about you.