Here at Irish Farm Services we are delighted to announce our fantastic February giveaway in conjunction with Clippers Ireland
It is that time of year again when us farmers are clipping livestock. The practice of clipping livestock at housing and in preparation for hygienic milking has become very common in recent years, and extensive research has shown many benefits as outline below
Benefits of clipping Livestock
• Clipping tails at housing has had beneficial effects as to avoid dirt being flicked over the hide’s
• Shaving an animal’s backs (e.g. 150mm strip along the spine from the tail head to shoulders) also had a positive effect. As it helps to reduce sweating and the risk of wet, dirty hides.
• It helps promote cleanliness to adhere to the abattoir’s mandatory requirements.
• Clipped stock are more saleable.
• Promotes thrive in livestock.
• Clipping drastically reduces cases of pneumonia
• Clipped tails in dairy production systems helps reduce the threat of thermodurics
Clippers Ireland have kindly teamed up with us here at https://irishfarmservices.ie/ as part of our fantastic promotion and have supplied us with a specialized EgroPro Sheep & Cattle clippers.
Click on each of the links below to see what you could win